Before You Visit
Know what to expect. This resource will help you prepare for your visit. Should you have any questions, call (631) 654 3278 (65- HEART)
If this is your first visit with us, please review and complete the following three forms:
- New patient registration (required)
- You may complete this on site by arriving 15 minutes earlier.
- If you already have been given access to our secure patient portal, the easiest way to complete this form is by entering information directly into your patient record via our secure patient portal. After you sign in, make sure you complete your personal information from the Account tab and complete questionnaires (intake forms). This will enable you to have less waiting time and more face time with your Physician during your visit. To sign into our patient portal click here.
- Or you may also fill the new patient registration form, print and sign it and bring during your visit. To complete this, click here.
- Authorization to release Protected Health Information. Though this form is not required, this would allow us to coordinate your care with your other physicians. To complete this, click here.
- Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgment. This is your acknowledgment of availability of our Notice of Privacy Practices. To complete this, click here.
- To review and/or print our Notice of Privacy Practices, click here.
What to Bring
- Valid form of identification
- Insurance card(s)
- List of current medications including the medication bottles
- Prior cardiovascular consultations and test reports such as like EKG, Stress Test, Echocardiogram or any other pertinent reports if available
- Referral if necessary
- List of questions
What to Expect
Please arrive 15 min earlier than your scheduled time if you haven’t already completed our registration forms provided above.
Once your registration is completed, staff will bring you, take your weight and height, enter your medications, and perform an ECG if necessary. Your physician will then verify the medications, obtain a medical history and perform a physical examination. Prior testing data will be incorporated, and a treatment plan will be outlined and discussed with you. This may involve additional testing. Your physician will also communicate with the referring physician to ensure continuity of care.
Our goal is to provide the best possible care and appreciate the importance of making this a positive experience. Rarely unexpected delays can take place, please bear with us and be assured that our team is working hard to facilitate your appointment.
Cancellations or Rescheduling
Please notify at least 24 hours in advance or earlier to ensure that care can be delivered efficiently
What to Expect
Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled time if you haven’t already completed our registration forms provided above.
Once your registration is completed, you will be greeted and directed to your test.
For further information, please call us at (631) 654 3278 (65-HEART).